Please observe these few guidelines when creating your character. We can generate characters in person in the first session. Don’t feel like you need to be ready to go upon arrival.
- Only non-evil alignments, please.
- Any class, race or subrace, or background is allowed. Humans need not pick an ethnicity presented in the PHB and can use either the standard or variant traits.
- To generate ability scores use the method of rolling 4d6 six times as described on page 13 of the PHB. If all your ability modifiers from this method added together do not equal at least +1 then use the variant point buy system described further down.
- We will start at level 1.
- When we meet, we’ll each roll for 2 trinkets on the table on pages 160-161.
- Get full hit points (plus your Constitution modifier as normal) for your first 3 hit dice (normally you’d only get full HP for your first hit die.) Starting with your fourth hit die take the average listed in your class description rather than rolling.
- All your characters will know each other when we start. When I find out what your characters are I will concoct a reason for you to all be familiar with each other.